||EMBEDDED Software Engineer to join the engineering team on advanced concepts, prototypes, and operational prototypes for various communications, sensor and other electromagnetic systems and components. The positions are located in the Columbia, MD area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- BS degree in a technical disciplin
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Broad expertise and knowledge in embedded software / firmware. Ability to execute design, development, test, and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Embedded Linux development experience. Experience with build environments, bootloaders, kernel development, open source integration, and application development.
- Strong skills in embedded programming languages: C, assembly
- Experience with scripting: shell, Python
- Real-time Operating System (RTOS) and ‘bare metal’ code experience desirable
- Reverse engineering experience.
- Clearance: All candidates must be fully cleared to include FS poly