DODAF Systems Engineer, Level 3
The selected candidate will join a high-performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. A Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach will be used to coordinate the work of multiple agile teams that are injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while supporting an ongoing operational system. He/she will provide support for a complex system with exacting interface, performance, and security requirements. He/she will provide system engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. The selected candidate will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide systems engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. Responsibilities include supporting and providing guidance for system development and implementation planning through assessment of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning, and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system-related issues and concerns. The selected candidate will help define task success criteria and test procedures and will contribute to the development of system engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires candidates to be U.S. Citizens and possess a TS/SCI Security Clearance with an appropriate Polygraph
Required Education & Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 20+ years experience as a SE, or
- HS Diploma and 25+ years of SE experience on projects with similar software process.
- Must have substantive experience with the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF).
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must be efficient and effective at performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must have SysML or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high-quality work both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment