Our client is looking for a Senior Cyber Warfare Engineer to support a contract at DISA located in Ft. Meade, Maryland. The Senior Cyber Warfare Engineer will be part of a Mission Essential 24x7x365 operation providing technical direction within a team of technical and engineering personnel who will conduct and manage innovative solutions associated with Cyber Warfare. Provide technical leadership and have a strong understanding of information assurance, cyber warfare, and managing special access or compartmentalized security programs. Lead technical teams researching new concepts for developing situational awareness or vulnerability tools supporting US government cyber warfare interest. This may include identification, exploitation, and/or remediation of infrastructure and system vulnerabilities; offensive and/or self-defending networks; effects-based capabilities for exploiting or defending infrastructure and/or systems; and reverse engineering of systems exploitations to include computer forensics, and analysis of binaries, assembly language, source code and/or malicious logic code.
Essential Job Functions
• Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives. Develops, tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
• Provides complex engineering analysis and support for firewalls, routers, networks and operating systems. Performs and evaluates vulnerability scans within a multi-platform, large enterprise environment. Reacts to and initiates corrective action regarding security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security.
• Oversees user access process to ensure operational integrity of the system. Enforces the information security configuration and maintains system for issuing, protecting, changing and revoking passwords.
• Develops technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Develops, implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
• Performs complex product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for network security. Validates and tests complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
• Reviews, recommends and oversees the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
• Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites. Ensures system support personnel receive/maintain security awareness and training.
• Assesses the impact on the business unit/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and reports to senior management.
• Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
• Seven or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
• Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
• Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
• Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
• Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer security Act, etc.)
• Experience working with NIST Special Publications and C & A process methodology
• Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) and/or top secret security clearance
• Good communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues
• Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
• Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure
• Ability to balance and prioritize work
• ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Solution) Tool experience a plus
• NESSUS experience a plus
CompTIA Security+, CISSP highly desired (or otherwise DoD 8570.01-M compliant)
- ~Virginia HOT Immediate Openings
- ~Washington, DC
- Application Tester
- Columbus OH
- Configuration Manager
- Data Scientist
- FPGA Engineers
- Hardware Engineer
- Hot Hot JOBS ! Prime Contracts !
- Job Openings
- News & Advice
- SCRUM Master
- Secret Clearance
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- TS ( Top Secret Clearance )
- TS/SCI CI Poly Clearance
- TS/SCI Clearance
- TS/SCI FS Poly Clearance
- Unix Linux System Administrators Maryland
- Web Developer